Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hi Kitty!

This morning, at 7am I started to decorate the kitty cake.  (I work better under pressure:)  I had the cake part all baked and ready, so all that was left was the fun part! 

*this just in...I have to go pick up a bike for DD...will post pics and finish this post when we get back*

Ok - where was I??  Oh yeah - so kitty cake was decorated this morning.  I used the sports ball for her head, and the Barbie skirt mold for her body.  I didn't want to build up all the detail (legs, tail etc) with cake or fondant, so I used rice krispie "treats" instead.  Everything was held together with frosting - cept for her head, which was held on with a plastic rod.
Hi Kitty!

So once I had all her "parts" figured out, I took them off, frosted her and put them back in place.
And that's when she got reeeely fun!!!  I mixed grey frosting (light & dark) and went to work, making her look more like a kitty then a...well...then whatever she looked like before she looked like a kitty! :)  When I was done, she looked like this! :)   
Aint she sweet?!

So - Happy 8th Birthday Kate!!  I hope you had a terrific Birthday (and I hope you Loved your cake too!)

4 comments:

Auntie Em said...

I am definitly not a cat lover but even I have to admit that this little kitten cake is cute! Love how you showed all your steps!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Suzanne said...

I'm not a cat lover either but that is the cutest cat I've ever seen! Great job!

Kirsten said...

we i love cats, and this one is extra cute!!

lesly said...

Cake and Rice Crispies AND covered in buttercream frosting! Come'ere KIttykittykitty. :)

VEry Cute Cake!