Friday, May 28, 2010

The Crazy Days of Daisy-May

Her Story - Chapter 1
How she came to the Pospolita Ranch;

I had to work late last night.  DH called me from home and explained that there was a litter of Saint Bernard pups on Kijiji and their price had been cut waaaaaay down because there were still a bunch left and they were already 12 weeks old.  He called the lady and made arrangements for us to go see her, so I had to head home right away.  Ugh - that's crazy!  A Saint Bernard??  Are you kidding me??!!  Oh well - like a good wife, I hopped in the car and drove home.  Picked him and youngest kiddo up and off we went to visit the nearly giant puppies. 

We pulled in the driveway and got to meet the Dad first.  He was GORGEOUS!!!  He was enormous, but more stalky and rugged - heavy looking, not huge.  Smaller then Lucy - but his head was the same size as a smart car!!  And he was so gentle it was amazing!

Then we went inside...

2 females left, and 1 was in the kitchen.  She was really cute, but feisty and kinda jumpy and really didn't pay much attention to me at all.  Then they brought in the 2nd one...and that's all it took.  I was sitting on the floor and within 2 seconds, she had shoved half of her body into my lap and dove her had into my arms...then she peed...then she wagged her tail and sprayed pee all over me...and that's how I knew she was mine. :) 

No comments: