Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jessie Cookies

This is one of my fave cookie recipes.  I scored it from Mom a few years ago and it's always always a favorite.  It's one of those icky sweet - 3 mugs of milk worth - but can't stop eating them cookies.  They whip up super easy, though, so I make them quite often...and eat them as often as I make them. (sorry muffin tops!)  The recipe goes like this...


Jessie Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1C Margerine (or butter)
1C White sugar
1C Brown sugar
1 egg
1C oil
1C oats
1C Coconut
1C Rice Krispies  (At Christmas time, I use the holiday krispies cuz they're more fun! :)
3 1/2 to 4 C flour
1tsp Cream of tar tar
1tsp Soda
1tsp salt
1tsp vanilla
1 pckg of chocolate chips.

Cream butter and sugar, add the rest of the wet ingredients and blend.  Add all the dry ingredients and blend.

I use a teeny ice cream scoop to scoop balls of dough onto the sheet (notice the holiday rice krispies - hint hint! ;)

- popem in the oven for 7 minutes (7 minutes is in my stove, which has a hot spot in the back left corner - using aluminum cookie sheets.  My Moms oven calls for 10 minutes)



Takem out of the oven and let them sit until they flatten out - then move them to a cooling rack.  Once they are cool they will hold their shape and are ready to eat.  I challenge you to eat only 1...dozen...at a time. :)    *tip*  I strongly suggest freezing them right away to avoid eating the entier batch! :)

No comments: