Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sick of sick!

I'm sick again! Crap! I just had the flu not that long ago...like we're talkin maybe a month ago?? I should have seen it coming. On Saturday, I wrapped up my last "order cake" although it kinda falls in the "cake for a friend" category too. Anyway - after a very hot shower I went to the crop and had a blast with my amazing sistah-friends whom I haven't seen in for-eh-vah. All day, though, I was kinda achy all over - not bad...just feeling crummy. Then, for no appearant reason, I got this awful stitch in my side and it wouldn't go away! I went home shortly after 2am and pretty much cried like a school girl cuz it hurt so bad...Sunday i still felt crummy but not so much that I couldn't function and Advil helped alot.

Yesterday at work, I started to take some daytime flu stuff. Boss-Man told me he could tell I was getting sick and not just with a cold. (I hate it when he's right) Anyhow - this morning I woke up and couldn't even move. It was as if every ounce of energy and strength had been sucked from my core and was replaced with nausea. All I could do was sit...even breathing hurt. I e-mailed Boss-Man to tell him I wouldn't be in (which really sucks cuz there's a HUGE meeting in Moncton this week that I'm supposed to be coordinating for Thursday and Friday, but he and all the rest of the Managers are at the first part of the meeting which starts today. Anyway, I need to kick this thing enough by tomorrow that I can get everything done that I need before leaving for Moncton on Thursday. Eek!

I went back to bed shortly after 7am and slept until almost 10...now I'm still sore all over...but can't sleep...but I reeeely want to. :(

I just don't get it. I know I need to take better care of myself. I know I need to eat better (or at all for that matter) and get lots of rest and take time for me...I know I need to slow down...but I've been doing that lately. I've been going to be earlier, I've been drinking more water and actually eating. So how come I've never been sick more often?? If this is an age thing - getting old bites!!!

No comments: