Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bye Bye Love

Grown up decisions suck sometimes, and this one is no exception. Between now and the end of October, I have 3 cakes to do. After that, I'm sad to say that "Hollee-cakes" is shutting down. I Love baking and decorating (and frosting - yumm!) But I just can't do it anymore. Aside from it being hard on my hands (A new development over the last 2 years, that is really making me feel old) it really takes a lot from my Family. It trashes my kitchen, makes a huge mess that takes forever to clean up and eats up time that I should be spending with my girls. Plus, October marks the 4th anniversary of DH being sick with no end in the forseeable future. And so...I'm at that point in my life where I need to simplify. I need to cut out all the things that keep me away from what really matters - Family & Friends, cuz at the end of the day...if I don't have either of those...It really doesn't matter how cute my cakes are.

I want to say a HUGE Thank you to everyone who has blessed me with the chance to bake a cake for them. I had a blast and am very thankful for the opportunity to make your special occasions a littlie yummier.

I must say that this was the tastiest chapter I have ever closed, and I will miss it...but it sure was fun. :)

1 comment:

StaZ said...

I am sure your tasty treats will be missed, but glad to see you are sticking up for your priorities!!