Saturday, December 27, 2008

Almost 2009!

I must admit that I wasted no time whipping that darn tree out of my house!! LOL It is officially one with the front lawn!!

I'm not sure what was up with me this year, but I was totally NOT in the Christmas spirit! I put less then half my ornaments on my tree, none around the house...listened to Christmas music only once...didn't get a single card sent out and didn't put a single light outside!!

so - yesterday, I was taking down the tree and feeling like I totally gipped myself. Don't get me wrong...I had a great Christmas, but I couldn't help but feel like I needed to do more then I did. Well..duh! lol The only way I could have done less is if I didn't shop for the kids!!

For the coming year, I have decided that I won't make a single new years resolution...other then the following:

1. I will "try" to send out birthday cards etc. every month...

2. I will actually send out Christmas cards...dare I say it?? early!!!

3. All of my hand made cards will be done by September.

4. I will use every single one of my ornaments...unless they're fugly...in which case it doesn't count!! lol

5. I'll put up a tree in my basement for all the extra ornaments that my sister sent me.

6. I will actually get an advent calendar for the girls...and follow it!

7. All...and I mean ALL my shopping will be done by October 1st!! The only thing I want to think about after October 1st is my Secret Santa gift and a few odds n' ends that won't matter anyway!

8. I want all my Christmas decorations up by the end of November.

9. I want my tree up by December 1st.

10. I will not miss a single concert, or craft fair.

11. My house will look like Las Vegas with all the lights!

12. I'll enjoy every single minute of the holidays!

I think that's about all I can handle in one year...Here's hoping I can keep up with at least half of it!! lol Remind me next year to check back on this darn list and how far behind I am!! LOL

No comments: