Saturday, June 9, 2012

More Cake-ventures

Anyone who follows my blog knows that the absence of posting doesn't mean the absence of chaos, happenings or cake-ing.  I'm behind on my posting for a couple of reasons.  1 - hubby has taken over my computer by hooking it up to the television - yay netflix!  But...when you add the PC/TV connection to his most recent hobby (remote control airplanes) it means that its always in use for the purpose of watching RC airplane videos (insert face of disgust here) 

*note to hubby - sorry shmoopy if you read this -you know I love you madly and deeply...it's your hobby that needs its own place - hehe*

2nd is the introduction of a tablet.  I got one for Christmas and have a love/hate relationship with it.  It's Android - which I'm stll learning.  And although my typing speed is close to 90wpm...on a tablet - with a touch screen - and 1 finger typing...I'm much much slower. :(  I also lack a USB port on the silly thing - so zero options to upload pics - it's a drag!  Anyway - in order for me to post, I need a PC.  Posting form work is a bit of a career-limiting-move...so I'm reduced to using the kids computer.  If you have ever tried to convince a 9 year old that blogging is more important than the hourly activity on Webkinz world, you know exactly what I'm talking about. :S

3rd - I've just been too darn busy!  lol  Time has been wizzing by and I just now realized that I haven't posted in over a month! :( 

So - Here's what's been going on...

I've made a few cakes which I still need to post.  (I'll do that soon.)  and have more coming up.  I'm trying to find a way to add a cake calendar to my blog so that I can keep track of the orders comign up and link them to posts. :)  I can't wait for you to see the Spa cake I did for Kate! :)  I've also done a lego cake, a Penguins Jersey - Crosby 87 cake, and in the next couple weeks I have to do a Mickey mouse cake, 50 grad cake pops, 3 dozen sunflower cupcakes for the school + a Mama Mia cake and at the end of the month...a soooper cool Grooms cake which I still need to sketch out -Oy!  And...in July i have a WICKED space cake taht I'm crazy excited about. :)

Ok - that's my cake rant.  I'll catch up on the pics eventually and fill you in on the other happenings in my next post. :)

Hollee (the soon-to-be skinny Baker ;)  

No comments: