Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lisa Frank inspired Unicorn cake

 This morning, I finished the cake - Yay!  Thankfully, the local unicorn horn maker was at the office and was able to give me a hand. :)  She was tickled pink to be able to too. :)  I also had her shimmer-ize for me. 
Didn't she do a great job??! :) She took her work very seriously!!

Once the shimmering and horn was done, it was time to add teh rainbow mane.  1 hour and 63lbs of rainbow frosting later...she was all done :)   YAY for Rainbos Unicorns!!  :) 

3 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Oh My Goodness Hollee!!! That is just so amazing!!! I was blown away at first by just the work you did on the face but then to see it all together with the rainbow icing (63lbs~ honestly?)
You are such an artist! Move over 'guy on TV who thinks he can decorate cakes' and yakky ladies who pretend to know how to decorate cupcakes'. Hollee is in the house! :)
Oh yes, nice unicorn horn decorating. I think you have a new apprentice! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm too awe struck to say anything. :) And wow! I would not want to carry a 65lb cake anywhere.

PS. Come visit once in a while.

Anonymous said...

The cake is beautiful. But how did you get the face on the cake?