Saturday, June 4, 2011

You can cram alot in a week!

Did you know that magicians don't sleep??  It's true!  I have the pic to prove it!  The impressive pic to the left was taken after 11pm one night, while kiddo was up late playing with her new magic kit!  (My boss got it for her as a thank you for the flowers she planted for them.  Thankfully, he chose a magic kit over a super-soaker! lol)

In other news...WE HAVE CABLE!!!!! Yup - it's true!! We've had it for a little over 2 weeks now and I have to say...there's never a darn thing on! :(



Yesterday, I went to see a plastic surgeon about the bump on my index finger.  He did some funky tapping on the palm of my hand and it went pop-zing and hurt like heck! In fact, my hand has never hurt worse and has been extremely sore since! Anyway - he put me on the "urgent" list and is going to operate on the 28th of June to fix my carpal tunnel once and for all! I'm terrified! Me - sitting idle for at least 2 weeks!! This is going to be waaay worse then phneumonia!! :( But is has to be done. On that same note - it also meant I had to cancel 8 cake orders!! I sent them all to kdf creations, though - so hopefully it will work out for everyone :)


Today was very...ummm??  What's the word?  Full!  What a day!  It started at 7:05am when Miss Soapy Sue drug her disney princess storage cart into my room and slammed it on the floor!  She had a huge smile on her face and was trying to show me that she had tydied her room (by jamming everything into this giant pink rolly thing!  ugh!  I sent her upstairs to watch TV.  I went back to bed and got to sleep in a little (as much as you can sleep in with the sound of Dumbo the freakin Saint-Bernard - flapping the crap out of her mutant ears!! ugh! ) Anyhoo - my alarm was set for 8:30 cuz I had to deliver a belly cake and a little crochet sumthin at noon.  I started the cake by 9am and was done by 10:30ish.  I love belly cakes - they go together sooooo fast! :)  I also have to say that I will forever more only make fondant when it's not raining!  (yeah sure - who am I kidding...I'll continue to make it in the rain and complain about the result.)

Once the cake was done, I was driven crazy enough by the flapping of Daisy ears to clean them.  I officially know her head is empty, cuz I can fit a full 2oz bottle of ear cleaning solution into each ear canal and she doesn't even flinch - and I'm sure there's room for more, cuz nothing spills out either!  Since we recovered from the liquid glacier ear cleaning solution adventure in January, she has been really great about her ears.  Truth be told - the big meat head is growing on me. (shhhh!  don't tell her!)  Honestly, it's a real treat to be able to clean ears and clip a big dogs nails without even the smallest flinch!  She really is a good girl.  (this is the view from my computer chair...)  She seems to be spending more and more time in my room.  DH figures it's cuz she likes me most...I think it's cuz i finally cleaned my room and she has space to lay down! :) 

Ok - back to today...I delivered the cake and the crochet thing at noon. 
 Isn't she sweet!  The cake and bear are for the grand-baby in progress of a colleage and dear friend :)  I'm so excited for her!  She has 2 grown boys, but her grand baby (who is due in July) is a girl!!  It's so cute because she is totally a boys Mom!  She loves all things rugged and manly, loves boy colors, and boy games.  It's not hard to tell she has been the only girl in the house!  That said - I have no doubt she could take any one of them at the drop of a hat! :)  I'm super tickled that she'll finally have some pink and girlie in her life! :)   Needless to say - I knew this little bear would be the perfect companion for the new girlie addition to her family :)

After dropping of the cake, Maddie and I swung by the dollar store to pick up some trinkets to decorate stepping stones!!  I had picked up square foil cake pans at the dollar store and a bag of concrete - took it home, mixed it up and we all decorated stepping stones for the back yard!!  They're sooper cute!  And I can't wait for them to dry so that we can put them in the ground! :)  I needed something for around the pool and just couldn't justify paying $3+ per stone when a $6. bag of concrete will make almost 2 dozen!!!  




 I got DH's help mixing the concrete and put it all in pans.  We spread it out on the deck and it become a stepping stone decorating free for all! :)  (like the pic??  This would be the reason why I often stay behind the camera!)  Yes - that's cake batter in my hair!   lol 
 
 Now is the hard part...waiting for them to dry! :)  I'm a little disappointed that the letter stamps didnt' work in them - but otherwise, I think they're super cute and can't wait to see them when they're done!


 In the middle of all of this - DH made time to work on his bike.  I'm super happy that he's had the chance cuz it makes him so happy.  I wish he was feeling well enough to be able to do it more often.  I'll keep tossing pennies into fountains, though, just in case :)

After that...it was get the pool ready time.  It's such a mess every year.  I darn near wrack myself getting the silly ground ready and this year was no exception.  We dug and raked and dug some more...I teased Soph about a worm on her croc - she screamed her infamous  wwWWWaaaAAAaHHhhh~! sound - Maddie and I cracked up - Soph got sooper ticked and stormed into the house! lol  Then Maddie tipped the wheel barrow over and twisted her ankle...and then it was just me...and then somebody thought it was a terrific idea to let the meat head saint bernard outside and guess what??!!  She immediately started digging up the ground that we had been working so hard to get level!! (remember a few minutes ago when I mentioned she was growing on me??  I lied!!)   and that's when I waved my white flag of surrender!

Now that I've managed to hop in the shower and wash off the grodies from the day, I'm about to start Nacho's for a late dinner!  (this having a teenager thing is pretty cool cuz she's upstairs making Nachos for her and her sister! :) 

and on that note, I hope that anyone who ever reads this had a terrific day and was able to enjoy some family fun and sunny sun :)

No comments: