Monday, March 21, 2011

Bad idea number 875209 - Giving yourself a haircut.

Yup - I did it again.  I gave myself a hair cut.  Not sure why I do that...it never ends well.  Maybe I just don't care enough to not.  My hair is curly...but when it reaches a certain length, it just lays limp and flat.  That's when I grab a chunk on the top of my head, comb it straight up and lob about 2-4" off the top.  Then - volume returns.  Thanks to the curls, my sins are reasonably well hidden.  (or at least that's what I tell myself :)

Saturday, I took kiddo to get a hair cut and made the mistake of checking out my own reflection in the badly lit econo-hair-salon.  Bad bad Bad me!  I immediately put myself in a chair and apologized for what I had done, and the work she was about to have in her hands.  She took my hair clip out...complimented my curls...started brushing and stopped.  Then, she asked if I ever flat iron my hair.  "not really".  She then asked; "Do you mind if I flat iron your hair?  It's no extra charge, but...uhh...it will make it easier for me to cut it."  Poor girl - I really did feel bad for the mess I had made...and didn't even try to justify it.  She had to take over 4" off all over, cut all of my layers jagged on the ends to help blend it and used thinners ( on my already very thin hair) to even it all out.  When she was done, though, it felt and looked great and I'm kinda kicking myself for not taking the half hour and spending the $15. it cost me to get a "real" hair cut in the first place.  Needless to say...I tipped her very well. :) 

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

Everyone needs a challenge once in a while! You did you part! :) Hope you are enjoying the new do!!!
Cheers!