Thursday, January 26, 2012

The superstition behind snow days...

The forcast is calling for 5-10 cm of snow followed by freezing rain and other nastyness.  Both of the girls are pretty optomistic, but Soph is a little over the top.  I learned that there are many rituals to guarantee a snow day! lol  Such as;

  • flushing ice cubes down the toilet (My Mother tipped her off on this one and flushed a few of her own for good measure. )
  • sleeping with a spoon under your pillow
  • dancing in front of an open freezer
  • wearing your pyjamas inside out and backwards. (Even DH tried this one. )
Honestly, I'm not even sure that's everything, but it  was a jam packed ritual that will guarantee a snow day tomorrow:) Although I am not as convinced that it's as fool proof as my 9 year old would haveme believe, if school should be cancelled...you have my kid to thank. :)

Update:  Sophia sez "You're welcome" :)

No comments: