Thursday, May 5, 2011

The force is strong with this one...

YAY!  I can finally FINALLY post pics of this super fun cake!!!  I got an e-mail from friends Mom back in March...seems she's been hinting that her Birthday was coming up and that it would be cool to have a Star Wars cake "I'm just sayin" and that "Hollee makes cool cakes"...hmmm...subtle??  Not so much! :)  anyhoo - I was over the moon thrilled to PIECES to get her e-mail!   OF COURSE I'LL MAKE HER CAKE!!!!!  Small catch...I'm sooooo not a Star Wars Geek!  (smooches to all who are, though! :)  So I reeely had to put my thinking cap on for this one! anyway - under the watchful eye of DH - I managed to pull it off.  I'll be honest and say that at 3:00 this morning as I walked away from it (only mostly done) I was iffy...when I got home from work today, though - I went back to work and added the finishing touches...a little grease smear here - a little battle scratch there and voila!!  :)  A storm trooper cake was born!!!  :)  and - I just got a text from the Birthday Girl...she liked it!  (insert happy dance here!!!) 

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

OMG Hollee! This has to be an original. You are so talented!!!!
Missing you on SNC! Hope your dad is doing better.
Thanks for sharing your cake creation! :)