Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Time for a cake break

I really do Love to bake (which is unfortunate for my middle).  Life has been pretty nutty lately, though, so I haven't had the chance to bake as often as I would like.  Today, though, a co-worker had a birthday and since I was out sick yesterday...he didn't get his cake today. :(  (Bad cake lady!!)  Anyhoo - I decided that I'd bake a cake tonight.  The only problem is which cake to bake??  I know I want chocolate with boiled icing...but which recipe to use?  I've been using my "old faithful" recipe for a dogs age, but really want something different so tonight I picked this recipe that I found on relativetaste.com.  I've made it before and I recall that it was delicious...but I'm nearly out of sour cream. :(  When I made it tonight, I had to use half sour cream and half mayonnaise...then I added a little extra vanilla (not by choice).  It's in the oven now and has been for about 30 minutes...I reeeely hope it works out cuz I'd LOVE some alternatives to my old faithful chocolate cake. :)

No comments: