Friday, November 25, 2011


Normally, that would be an overshare - however - in this case, it's a blessing.  The last week has been exhausting and awful and scary and nothing much shy of pure torture.  Here's how the last 8 days went...

Thursday:  The school called - youngest kiddo was feeling sick and needed to come home.  Thursday night, she was on the up swing

Friday:  Friday morning it started all over again.  She felt barfy and didn't want to go to school.  She was supposed to be going to a breakfast with the Premier, though, so she went anyway...and lasted a half hour.  By 9:30, I was driving her home.  The rest of friday was in waves of feeling barfy and having a sore belly.  Friday night continued in the same fashion until we finally got her settled. By this point, it was almost 1am...and I had to be up for work by 5:30am!  Groan! 

Saturday: I had to work all day while kiddo was home with Daddy suffering through waves of agony and barfyness again.  We made a drive by passed the ER and opted to take her to the after hours clinic on Sunday instead (too many drunks and questionables in the ER). 

Sunday:  We waited for 3 hours, but saw a doctor by 3pm.  He todl us it was a tummy flu and to call our Dr. in 2 days if she wasn't better.  Take her home and give her rice etc. and keep up with the gravol and pepto - ok - done...But the misery continued until well passed midnight and by 1am we were on our way to the ER.  They did blood work and x-rays which showed she was "full"  like...very very very full (nearly blocked full).  We were sent home at 7am and told to give her an Enema (umm - excuse me??!!!) and laxatievs etc. it will fix it.  Yeah - ok - sure! 

Monday:  By 11:00 she was screaming in the ER again and after a couple doses of Morphene she was finally settled (and was admitted to the pediatric ward)  Monday night was awful, but she slept through the night at least.

Tuesday morning she woke up in a good mood and was happy...until 15 minutes after she ate breakfast and then it started all over again so Doc put her on an IV and off of food...Tuesday sucked!  I've never heard my baby scream so loud. :(  Tuesday night she needed 3 doses of Morphene to settle her...I've never felt so helpless. :(

Wednesday:  By Wednesday afternoon - she was a goofball...but still not "going"...

Thursday - all day - a crazy foolish geek girl...but still not "going"...we brought her home on Thursday night...still not "going. 

Today:  This morning we took her with us to DH's Dr.s appointment in Hartland...She still wasn't "going"...we stopped for truck stop poutine (cuz if that doesn't make ya go - aint nuthin gonna!)  Still not "going"...we head for home and when we were 70 km's from F'ton...A FREAKIN DEER DARTS OUT IN FRONT OF THE CAR AND BOUNCED OFF THE HOOD!!!!!  Yup!  the hood was all dented up, but Bambi's Mom darted off into the woods.  Thank God nobody was hurt!  But still...not "going".  So - today was a crazy blur of appointments and car estimates and calling insurance people and by dinner time she still wasn't "going"...a few minutes ago, though, I told her she had to take her medecine (which she royally HATES) and she said she thought she had to go...then the pain started again and I was reeeely worried that we were back in teh same mess all over again, until...THE FLOOD GATES OPENED AND MY BABY POOPED!!!  Yes sir!!  She sure did!!!  And she sure was happy about it!  We both did a little dance. :)

And now...she's in the tub cuz she stinks! :)  I think I'll start calling her "Poopsie" :P

No comments: