1. A 3 tier white cake for a friends birthday - done and delivered! Check!
2. An extra chocolate (smallish) Jack-o-lantern cake - done and delievered! Check!
3. A Hamburger cake for kiddos' class for her 9th birthday...tuesday...ugh - did I say 9?? Really?? My baby is going to be 9??!! Ok - back on track. this cake will be done between today and tomorrow - but...
4. A ?? cake for kiddo's birthday with family on tuesday night - Oy!
5. A birthday cake for kiddo's party! (In hind sight - I shoudl have sream lined this a little.
6. My boss's birthday is on the 10th. I made him a Canadian's cake last year so I feel compelled to do it again. :) He's actually a pretty great boss and besides - he shares. :)
So - this is the 3 tier birthday cake. It's a white almond sour cream cake with vanilla butter cream frosting. I used pearl accents around each tier and wrapped it with irredescent sheer ribbon at the base of each tier. The Gerber daisies were an added fall touch to bring color to the cake. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and the birthday girl was happy with it too - YAY! Mission accomplished. :)
This little gem is a small chocolate jack-o-lantern cake (obviously :) with chocolate fudge frosting between the layers and iced with a vanilla buttercream. I wanted to do a little something extra for the details. It didn't seem right to use frosting for the face, leaves and stem - soooo...I decided to try my hand at modeling chocoalte! :) It's a nice change for sure and really fun to work with. I'm not a pro at it by any means...but it was fun to try something new.
So - that's my cake marathon...Clearly I lied when I said I was giving up cakes. :S