Saturday, August 6, 2011

Joy stick!

When I was a kid, I wanted a Joy stick.  You know what I'm talking about - it was a promo with Joy dish detergent.  You could send it x number of proof of purchases and they'd send you a giant bubble making "Joy stick"!!  Well...I never got one cuz Mom bought a dishwasher which didn't take joy, and Nan was a die-hard palm olive user.  Gone was my dream. 

Recently, though, I had teh chance to live out my dream when we went to the dollar store!!!  There it was in its fluroescent orange splendor.  It had a different name, but the principle was the same :)  It was , for all intents an purposes, a joy-stick!!!  $2. +tx later, we were outta there and the kids had no idea why I was so giddy over a big plastic tube!!!

That weekend, I was the coolest Mom on the block!  (cept for the not living on a block part :)  We used the recipe on the pack and made our bubble solution for giant humungo bubbles.  The rest, as they say, is history!  Both the girls had a blast making ginormous bubbles!!  and I have to admit...so did I! 


Dontcha just love that face!!  That's a face havin fun is what that is!  Yup!  Lots and lotsa fun! :)

1 comment:

Gisèle said...

love it girlie:-)) miss you too (((hugs)))