Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Power of Power

I've been sick all week. In fact, I'm only starting to feel human today. I thought it best to take one more day of rest before heading back to work. Feeling semi-normal, I figured I'd get a jump start on my cakes. (I have 2 due on Friday) One is a Boston Bruins Hockey Puck cake. The 2nd is a sleepover cake. I have both planned well and was good to go. I figured I'd start with the Puck cake first, since it's the simplest. Even if I only get the cake baked, I'm still ahead of the game. Everything was going super well, and I had the cake in the oven by 8:50 this morning....9am they're both starting to rise a little - everything is going according to plan...9:05 VVVZZZEEEWWWW: *pop* the power goes out!! CRAP!!! So now I literally have 2 hockey puck cakes!

Here we go again!

No comments: