Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Revenge of Rubberface!

I'm a bad tooth owner - I'll admit it! I'm not sure why I avoid the dentist…I just do! I shouldn't though - my dentist is totally cute! He's got a fooze ball table, video games and television in the ceiling! And yet - I go about every 3 years…usually when I HAVE to go.

Last night we had pork chops for dinner…I took a bite and WHAM! It felt like my tooth would split in two!!! I didn't eat last night…by this morning I was starving and my tooth still hurt! I was lucky to get in to see my Dentist at 10:30 this morning. He told me that when a tooth ache is waking you up at night it means 1 of 2 things...it would need to be pulled…or a root canal!! Happy feeling gone!! My first response was…"I was kidding - it's totally NOT waking me up at night!" So he laughed at me and tapped on the troubled tooth with something metal and painful!! So I jumped about 2 feet and when I landed I told him I'd mess him up if he hurt me! lol Yeah - he totally wasn't threatened! An hour later, I left with a temporary filling to deal with for 2 weeks while the medication they jammed into the root canal does its thing!

I head to the superstore for Ibuprofin...then to Tim HOrtons for chocolate milk to wash it down. The punk behind the counter was admiring my palsy (which conicadentally also magnifies the moustache I seem to have grown overnight!). I try to smile and tell him I just had a root canal...He says - "yeah - I can tell!" I seriously wanted to kick the crap out of him! Then he laughs at me when I tried to take a drink!!! I didn't think it was that funny! Imagine trying to coordinate drinking from a triangular cardboard box without half of your bottom lip! Yeah...Not Hot!! And not funny either!! We'll see who's laughing when I kick his A$%! LOL

So here I sit - back at work. I picked up Wendy's cuz I'm starving and thought…it's soft! Well…it's the Revenge of Rubber Face!! The drool is totally NOT HOT and I'm trying to tear hunks of my burger off with my lips…but only half my face is working! The other half feels like it's sliding off! I really do look quite ridiculous and everyone is looking at me funny! I tried to take a drink of my coke...but my pucker is frozen too! Seriously!! Hopefully when the freezing comes out I won't look like such a dork!!

Oh a happier note - I got 3 bags of Timothy mix hay for the girls today for only $2.99 each!! WOOT! (Oh - for those of you who don't know..."The girls" in question are my guinea pigs and not my children...My children won't touch the stuff! LOL)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I didn't even see it but your description is pretty funny! LOL You ought to go to the dentist more often.